District 7, Student Worker Para Professional
Assist in inspection of contractors work and methods so that the construction work meets the requirements of the plans, specification and special provisions. Perform field testing of constructions materials to ensure that tests are performed accurately, timely, thoroughly, and according to specification. Document and summarize all appropriate data necessary to pay contractors promptly, to ensure data integrity and compliance with government regulations. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, with potential overtime, including some Saturdays.
Individuals will perform various office and field support functions to support the District's Hydraulic Department. Office functions can include such things as drafting permit exhibits, drafting drainage plans, drafting storm water pollution prevention plans, analyzing various GIS data, and reviewing as built drainage plans and video information. Field support functions can include such things as field investigations for project scoping and construction support. Individuals will perform various office and field support functions to support the District's Hydraulic Department. Office functions can include such things as working with regulatory permits and environmental documentation. Field support functions can include such things as wetland, threatened and endangered species and other environmental tasks.
Support project managers by drafting documents, keeping minutes, developing public information exhibits and other work related to the development and management of project scopes, schedules, budgets and stakeholders.
Assist the Surveys Department in construction staking and the collection of existing conditions survey data. May also assist in the office maintaining existing data archival systems with the Surveys Department as needed.
May assist the Materials Lab in performing various materials property tests on material used for road and bridge construction, assist the Auger Crew with performing field investigations inplace pavements and soils and/or assist Materials Engineers with collecting and compiling data from various historical sources.
- A valid Driver's License for some of the above listed positions.
- Knowledge and application of advance mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to evaluate and provide technical knowledge and /or recommend revisions or changes; ability to interact with customers (both internal and external) and stakeholders.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in any Engineering discipline with a GPA of at least 2.0
APPLY ONLINE BY 12/20/2019:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers/
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 37232 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board - Indeed.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers/ will be considered.