General Function :
Promotes the services of the Hy-Vee health care team throughout the store and the community through customer outreach, explanation of benefits, appointment scheduling, billing, event planning and health services promotion.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home
Works with: Dietitian(s), Pharmacists, HealthMarket Manager, Chef(s), Human Resources
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Maintains updated schedule of healthcare team members' hours in the store and upcoming events; and ensures accuracy on Hy-Vee scheduling system.
2. Coordinates health services, registers customers for events and schedules appointments with customers for services with the healthcare team (pharmacists, pharmacy interns, Registered Dietitian, dietitian interns, personal trainers and chefs.)
3. Coordinates the Pharmacy Comprehensive Medication Management program including Medication Therapy Management flagged on OutcomesMTM and Mirixa by contacting customers to schedule appointments, maintaining the appropriate balance of MTM services, communicating the scheduled appointments with pharmacists and pharmacy interns, and billing for the services after completion. Develops a system in the pharmacy Enterprise system to flag OutcomesMTM or Mirixa customers to pharmacists so appropriate interventions can be completed.
4. Contacts customers with various disease states to explain benefit qualifications, coordinate services, schedule appointments and invite to events as appropriate for his or her condition.
5. Works with the store director, healthcare team and marketing personnel to develop prescription-generated pharmacy flyers, coupons, overhead messages, bag staplers, point-of-sale information, social media postings, store website updates, customer letters and telephone scripts to promote services of the healthcare team.
6. Promotes the Hy-Vee Diabetes Program or diabetes services through customer outreach for Medical Nutrition Therapy, Nutrition Education store tours, durable medical equipment, footwear, wellness assessments, vaccinations, exercise regimens and diabetes-specific events.
7. Manages the Registered Dietitian's appointments for Nutrition Education store tours, Medical Nutrition Therapy, Begin program and event registration, as well as pre-authorization for insurance coverage for physician-referred services and billing.
8. If coordinating services for more than one Hy-Vee store, obtains pharmacy schedule from regional pharmacy scheduling personnel to verify availability.
9. Works with Hy-Vee Healthy You Mobile personnel to schedule and coordinate staffing for community-wide vaccinations and biometric screening.
10. Communicates with accounting personnel to verify appropriate billing for services provided by store personnel, as well as supplies, to ensure the correct UPC codes are applied.
11. Reviews billing outcomes and obtain any additional documentation to resubmit, if needed.
12. Represents the store in community public relations and marketing events to promote store-specific health services, programs and events.
13. Produces a monthly electronic newsletter by building and maintaining customer contact information and compiling accurate and timely from the healthcare team, store director and managers.
14. Maintains all Protected Health Information (PHI) in the appropriate secure location according to Hy-Vee policy.
15. If audited, assists in the auditing process by preparing required documentation requested by the auditing body and communicates findings with the store director and healthcare team.
16. Schedules Healthy Lifestyle biometric screening appointments for employees and covered spouses; and works with Human Resources manager to document completion.
17. Promotes employee wellness activities throughout the store in conjunction with the healthcare team and Human Resources.
18. Promotes Hy-Vee programs with customer contact such as Fuel Saver, Repeat Refills, One-Step gardens and use of the Hy-Vee Pharmacy smartphone application.
19. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
2. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent; Prior health field related experience preferred.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform light work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 20 pounds, and frequent standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company.
- Must be able to work with store teams toward the highest quality of service.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, objective, and professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; file and post materials; copy data from one record to another; guide people and provide basic direction.
- Strong customer service, retail, coordination and organization skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Windows and point of sale system preferred.
- Ability to maturely express one's feelings and opinions in spite of disagreement.
- Passion for living a healthy, active, natural and organic lifestyle.
Working Conditions :
The duties of this position are performed in a retail store setting.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Calculator, computer, two wheeler, ladder, four wheel cart, telephone, fax machine, copier and printer
Has daily contact with general public, suppliers and vendors.
Has access to confidential information. Maintains confidentiality of customer's private medical information.