Pharmacy Technician – Non-Certified
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription medications.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacists
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Working towards a licensed technician certification through a certified national program. Previous experience as a pharmacy clerk is preferred.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
Working Conditions :
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy drugs.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, Telexon Ordering Unit, C.A.R.S. ordering system, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone, fax, and copier.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical information according to the HIPPA act.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with community or trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies.