VP Sales and Marketing
The ever expanding telecom industry and tremendous internal growth has opened up an opportunity for an experienced VP of Sales & Marketing position with Condux International, the premier manufacturer of underground and overhead cable installation tools and equipment for the IT, telecom and electric power industries. Condux machines allow safe, quick and easy installation of fiber optic and power cables.
The VP Sales & Marketing directs planning, forecasting, marketing program development, partner relationship development, collateral material development and customer satisfaction initiatives. The VP Sales & Marketing plans and directs all aspects of the sales and marketing policies, objectives and initiatives, identifying key marketing outlets and competitive strategies that will enable achievement of maximum sales volume. Establishes short- and long-term sales and marketing goals and objectives in line with corporate objectives.
a. Serve as a role model by exemplifying professional behavior, language, skills, and attire in order to serve the needs of stakeholders, employees, and customers promptly and accurately
b. Serve as an inspiring, accessible, and supportive staff leader, promoting an organizational culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse, highly talented team. Reinforce rigor, quality, clarity, and transparency of communication and decision making. Promote constructive and collegial collaboration among departments.
c. Providing leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the Company are put into practice
a. Develop and implement annual sales & marketing strategic plan, including measurable goals and objectives, time frames and staffing plans
b. Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
3. Financial Planning / Performance
a. Ensure the organizations fiscal stability, following upon strategic planning, assess its structure, operations, policies, staffing and business model and funding requirements and adjust as appropriate.
b. Manage business operations with an emphasis on implementing initiatives to increase profits through performance and future-focused productivity improvements.
4. Achievement of Goals & Business Plan
a. Develops internal reporting and metrics to measure and calibrate the company's performance against goals and objectives.
b. Driving the Company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives
5. Communication & Relationships
a. Developing, establishing, and promoting positive strategic relations with customers, key stakeholders, business partners and the general public
6. Succession Planning
a. Motivating and leading a high-performance management team; attracting, recruiting, and retaining required members of the executive team not currently in place; providing mentoring as a cornerstone to the development of management
Essential Areas of Responsibility
- Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Sales Pipeline & Forecasts
- Sales & Marketing Operational Performance
- Management & Development of Sales Team
- Sales Reps, Distributor & Key Account Management
- Strategic mindset
- Professional business acumen
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to lead and manage
- Continually drive effective results
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Committed to the organizations culture and values
- Integrity - position requires being honest & ethical
- Leadership - position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, offer opinions and direction
- Initiative - position requires a willingness to on responsibilities and challenges
- Stress Tolerance - position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- Advanced degree in Sales or Marketing or equivalent
- 10+ years of successful experience in senior sales leadership role with capital equipment
- 5+ years' experience in managing sales reps & distributors, with structure change implementation
- Experience leading a sales and marketing team through growth
- Strong analysis, judgement, and strategic thinking, including the creation of business, sales and marketing strategic plans
- Superior leadership, team building and talent development skills, experience leading a sales and marketing team
- Extensive management skills, including strategic organizational development, motivational capabilities, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Action-oriended, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Possess a high level of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making
- Work under high pressure and safety sensitive situations
- Analyze, interpret and utilize data and technical information
- Organize and prioritize
- Read, write and communicate effectively via multiple mediums
- Technical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to successfully manage travel requirements and working hours
- High energy with a sense of urgency